- Apply electric parking brake
The high voltage system (HV) is automatically deactivated in the event of accidents triggering the airbags.
if start/stop button and 12V battery available
- Press the start/stop button if drive is active (switch shines blue).
- If possible, remove the vehicle key. (>5m from veh.)
- Remove the 12 volt battery covers in the luggage compartment and disconnect battery
if start/stop button and service plug not available
- Locate side pocket in luggage compartment on left and open
- Disconnect marked cable by means of double cut (yellow rescue worker label)
if luggage compartment not available
- Remove insert in central armrest upwards
- Expose HV maintenance plug
- Remove HV maintenance plug
1. press to the side
2. pull up plug
Note: If the 12 volt battery cannot be disconnected, the veh. restraint systems may be active!